Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Threshold

Breann and I were exhausted. We planned breakfast in the cab ride to my hotel. I took a call from Ava. Breann shook her head when I finished.
"Be careful with her Caleb. A necessary evil is still evil."

I smirked and waved goodbye, then turned to see Ava in the lobby. We rode the elevator together to the fourth floor in silence.

"Do you need anything?"

I shook my head no and opened the room door. My phone vibrated. It was my wife. Ava approached, crossing the threshold.

"You're forgetting something Caleb."

She pressed her lips against mine.



*blogger's note* - This is my entry for @velvetverbosity 's 100 Word Challenge located at her site http://www.velvetverbosity.com/ . The one word prompt is FORGETTING. This is also a story episode of a book I am writing. The other eps are here:

1) Synchronicity
2) Personality Crisis
3) Serendipity 6
4) Hot Dog Harbinger
5) Goodbye Stranger
6) The House of Irony
7) Connection
8) Dead Man's Party
9) Hope Springs A Turtle
10) Drown
11)  Toyed
12) Fever
13) The Girlfriend Experience
14) Sympathy for the Devil
15) Tomorrow, The Green Grass
16) Possession
17) Numb
18) Cage
19) Bullet Hits The Bone
20) Shut Your Eyes
21) Lone Justice

Thanks for reading.

Today's song is something I heard on the radio on my way home. It seemed to fit Ava's agenda and the story's mood. Here's Chris Isaak's Wicked Game.




7 comments:

  1. Shut the front door! I totally knew Ava was going to scheme on Caleb in his weakened state...so totally something I would do....bitch! Perfect song for this segment though. Fantastic job as always. I take back my "tease" comment for today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew Ava had her own agenda with Caleb... Wicked Game is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will kill that bitch. Where is my bat?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting. I guess I need to read the other pieces so I can follow who is who :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uh oh. I think it just got all PG-13 up in here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Noo! She's not supposed to kiss him! Ava is EEEEVILLLL!!!

    hed

    ReplyDelete