Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Hey Jealousy

Her walk was quick. Her normal, casual warmth replaced with an unbidden fury. Looking for answers to questions she never wanted to ask the man she fell in love with, she burned inside. She saw him across the room talking to a woman that wasn't her. She ignored politeness and threw cordiality into her furnace of jealousy. Interrupting his conversation, she grabbed his arm, clenched her teeth, and spit "what are you doing? who is she? " He narrowed his eyes and acknowleged her mistake, "Suzann, this is my cousin, Helene, I was just telling her how perfect you are."

*blogger's note - This is my week's entry for http://www.velvetverbosity.com/ 's 100 word challenge. This week's one word prompt was UNBIDDEN. Please visit my friend's site and read the fine writers and their submissions. You won't be disappointed. As always, no wagering. My wife would like for me to run the disclaimer, while she is the inspiration for the character of Suzann, this 99 word post is fiction. Maybe. I mean, it is. I promise. Whatever.

Thanks for reading.

9 comments:

  1. Hehe. In my experience though, just because one lands on the wrong instance - that triggered and generalized uneasiness is usually correct. It's called intuition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch. That was awkward. Good job getting the feel of it, you really captured the essence of her emotions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. a) Loved that Gin Blossoms song!

    b) Wow, if I had a nickel for everytime that happened to me, am I right ladies! Ladies? Oh, it's just me. *cough* fine.

    c) Oh, and I agree with what Velvet said. Forget B. Yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...very awkward moment. But, in my experience, guys will say anything to get out of trouble, so...who knows? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just want everyone to know that Im not like this... Haha...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice cover with the "how perfect you are" or just a lie .....

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOLz "oops" I guess that's what you get for jumping to conclusions! Nice!

    ReplyDelete