Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Synchronicity

Her distraught hands showed her emotional state. The cuticles were chewed, the skin was dry, and they shook nervously. The anxious look in her deep, dark brown eyes, was familiar; identical to mine. "Just lay it out there Breann, then we can be certifiably crazy and commit to rubber rooms," the gratuitous insult led to her revelation. "Six babies over eleven days during the first part of September 1970 should've been stillborn. Instead, two misguided narcissists put robotics or something in those babies. Caleb, you and I were two of them. Now, I think, we're going to expire, you know, die"

*blogger's note* This is my entry for Ms.Velvet's http://www.velvetverbosity.com/ 's 100 word Challenge. The one word prompt is GRATUITOUS. This is another excerpt from a  book I've been writing since the first of the year.

 Today's song is one that would play nicely during this scene. The Police's Synchronicity I, which starts off the album.


12 comments:

  1. Intriguing...and for some reason reminds me of themes from novels of the late 70's and 80's that had to do with experiments run on college students in the 60's-70's.

    But then, I could just be having flashbacks from all this 80's music. :P (don't stop.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmmm . . . trying to remember where I was September 1970 . . . my first baby was 9 months old and I was teaching her to . . . I KNEW I shoulda gone for robotics! :)

    Well done, Lance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *drool* I LOVE THE POLICE. I have their entire discography and I was so bummed I was too poor for their reunion shows a few years back!

    hed

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bio-enginered people? When does the movie come out?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one's another hit, Lance. How do you keep coming up with them? Do tell us the secret.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reminds me of a favorite '70'/'80's show, "The Six Million Dollar Man," and of course, the necessary spinoff, "The Bionic Woman." Well written, cuz. When you write the screenplay insist on Joan Cusack and Johnny Depp. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like where this story is going. Very cool storyline.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope this is the kernel of a more fully fleshed out story. It's a very intriguing beginning, it really pulled me in. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this idea...can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is this where I'm supposed to start with this story?

    Cause here I am, and I'm going to track down the rest.

    ReplyDelete