Thursday, May 5, 2011

Shut Your Eyes

I looked straight ahead as Wicks clumsily removed the counter from my left side. Ava was inches from my face as her hands were ready cut my right shoulder.

"I'll put this near the cut you got on my family farm's barbed wire fence. We had fun stitching that one."

The irony of my scars was lost on Ava. I looked into her mischievious eyes and smiled. Breann stared at me, disapprovingly. The magnet's intense warmth sent pain through me. I shut my eyes.

"Done, Caleb. Need to get you lying down."

Ava's whisper reopened my eyes. We were alone.

*blogger's note* - This is another episode of the story I'm writing. The one word prompt is FAMILY and the style is courtesy of @velvetverbosity aka http://www.velvetverbosity.com/ 's 100 word challenge.

The other episodes are here:
1) Synchronicity
2) Personality Crisis
3) Serendipity 6
4) Hot Dog Harbinger
5) Goodbye Stranger
6) The House of Irony
7) Connection
8) Dead Man's Party
9) Hope Springs A Turtle
10) Drown
11)  Toyed
12) Fever
13) The Girlfriend Experience
14) Sympathy for the Devil
15) Tomorrow, The Green Grass
16) Possession
17) Numb
18) Cage

19) Bullet Hits The Bone

Thanks for reading...

Today's song is fromn Northern Ireland's Snow Patrol. Their song Open your eyes is probably more suited lyrically, but not musically. Shut Your Eyes has that haunting guitar and piano combination that suits this mood.

8 comments:

  1. Good stuff! Odd dynamic between these two, can't quite figure out how much they love/hate each other. Having it with coffee, still waiting on you for the bacon and eggs...that was the deal right???

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Ava is a bit of a tease, no?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always have a fascinating writing voice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you know that Snow Patrol has a song called "Open Your Eyes." I thought this was that song. But it is not. Hmmm....weird.

    Your short posts are great for my busy days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. can't wait to see what's next!

    By the way, I've given you an award here. You get to be overlord for a day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man, I admire your concentration and dedication to a story. I can never last more than two or three parts of a story I write before I burn out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I'm definitely trying to figure out what's going with Ava. I look forward to the next installment!

    ReplyDelete