C Lo aka Cindy over at http://onesmarmymama.blogspot.com/ tagged me a few days ago with a good idea. Photoblog a normal day in my life and write something about it all. Today, Saturday was the day I chose. My wife, Bobina, and I had a perfect day for this. We slept in til 8am, watched some Law & Order SVU.
Bobina insisted on getting some household items at Big Lots.
We headed home to put the grill together. Bobina did some household stuff while I engineered like an MIT student.
Buddy the golden retriever was a big help. Finally I got it together
Later we opened adult beverages, checked on our kids (they are all at their other families) and threw some salmon, shrimp, and asparagus on the new unit. It all came out well. I liked it a lot, Bobina said she'd had better.
I hope Cindy C LO is cool with my photoblogging entry. Bobina and I had a good day together without kids ; full of errands. The honeydew list was long but everything was accomplished except changing the headlight on my wife's car. That got pushed til tomorrow.
I'm supposed to answer a few questions in my photo blog:
1. What’s your name/your Blogger name? Lance, Lance
2. What’s your blog’s name/URL? http://lance-myblogcanbeatupyourblog.blogspot.com/
3. Write “the quick fox jumps over the lazy dog”. THE QUICK FOX JUMPS OVER THE LAZY DOG.
4. Favorite quote? "You can run your whole life and not go anywhere" - Mike Ness of Social Distortion
5. Your Favorite song? right now it's Weekend by The Smith Westerns....all time it's Lucky Man by the Verve
6. Your favorite band/singers? The Clash, Radiohead, Led Zepplin, NY Dolls, T Rex, AC/DC, Bob Dylan, Joni Mitchell, U2, Metallica, David Bowie, and many many others.
7. Anything else you want to say? I am a grill master and an impressive species of suburban neanderthal.
Today's song is a good one, albeit tongue in cheek. Wilco, The Thanks I Get is a love letter to marriage, in an ironic, realistic way. Enjoy the tune as I enjoyed my day. Our door is open when ever you want a burger or steak.