Friday, February 4, 2011

A Bet To Regret

"A bet's a bet," Myra told Marley. With a mischievious grin followed by an obnoxious smirk, Myra led her younger sister over to the front door. Marly's eyes began to water. Myra showed no sympathy and pointed to the front yard. Marley offered, "I'll clean our room for a whole week." Myra was enjoying her sister's humiliation too much to listen. Marly found her confidence, dropped her Ariel bathrobe and walked to the mailbox in her underwear. As she came inside, Marly glared at Myra and steely spoke, "I honored the bet, but you better sleep with one eye open." 

*blogger's note* - This is my entry for @velvetverbosity 's #100words at http://www.velvetverbosity.com/ 's 100 word challenge. This week's one word prompt is HONOR. This may or may not be something that happens at my house between my three daughters. I can tell you this, it wouldn't surprise me with the three of them Myra and Marley definitely sound like two of my kids.

6 comments:

  1. Excellent view of sibling rivalry. Little sisters live for revenge... being one myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it!!! But refuse to show it to my granddaughters - the 16 year old would likely use it to the disadvanage of her 12 year old sister. :)

    and, hahaha, Tara. I was the older sister - hmmmmm wish I'd thought of this. haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mean! I love how the last line shows her spunk!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd like to give Myra a spanking! Good one, cuz.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What is it with siblings? The torture! I had two sisters but they were so much younger than me that I never went through this. I'm thankful for that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it...reminds me of me and a couple of cousins who used to do things like that to each other!!

    ReplyDelete