Grace aka @grace134 over on teh twitterz made me and some other blogger types aware of National Delurking Day. I know. It's some lame internets madeup day to give writer people like me something to blog about. You caught me. You think this is easy? making up blog topics and saving the world every day? Look, I know at least 100 of you are reading this blog every day and only two or three or four are commenting. This National Delurking Day is to bring some of you out of the stalker mode and into the light of day, once. Thank you for reading, now it's survey time.
1. What’s your name, and how long have you been reading this site?
2. Do you have a blog and/or a Twitter name and/or something else we should all read today? If you don’t have one yourself, you can tell us about someone else who is deserving of our eyeballs today.
3. What is your favorite song right now? I am going to go listen to it and tell you what I think. No pressure. Don't let my music expertise intimidate you. I will be gentle....or maybe not
4. Is there anything I haven’t covered or answered but I should have, but you couldn’t tell me that because you were busy lurking? DO YOU HAVE QUESTIONS FOR ME?
5. Are you a lurker everywhere, or is it just my blog?
6. Tell me something really weird or unusual about you. That will take care of the whole “every time I want to say something, someone already said it” thing.
7. Recommend something. A book, or a movie, or a flash game, or a friend of yours as a really excellent person, or a valid career path, or a little known parenting strategy, or a super clever cleaning tip or trick, or incredibly helpful organizational tool, or the best socks you’ve ever owned. Or if you know where I can find the best pumpkin pie, I'll be your best e-friend ever.
I appreciate each of you for obliging my small spot on the web for the last 8 or so months. Things will get better from here, I pinky swear. take the survey, let me know what you think. Baby Jesus doesn't like liars or lurkers but answer however you want.
Thank you again.