Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Next

Her kiss was hard and tasted like Dr. Pepper and carmax, but I got the point. The silence was awkward until I said "I'm sorry." The first fight didn't mean a lot, except that we knew each other's passion. What happened next would mean more than any material gift, physical expression, or perfectly delivered speech. She kissed back and when the lips released, the look into each other's eyes told the story of the rest of our lives together. The next thing we did was talk, for hours. The pleasure of communication was greater than anything I had ever experienced.

*blogger's note* - This is my entry for @velvetverbosity on twitter / http://www.velvetverbosity.com/ 's weekly 100 word challenge. The word prompt was PLEASURE. Please check out velvetverbosity and her site. Also peek into @NaNoWriMO / http://www.nanowrimo.org/ where I am continuing to write the 50,000 word novel in the month of November. Currently I sit at 6,540 words with my effort - Hellandback - but things are happening with Dean, Mallory, Silas, Lark, and the man in the black suit.

6 comments:

  1. "...the story of the rest of our lives together"
    - I love this phrase! Seeing the future in the eyes of the one you love -- it's so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent treatment of a lovers' quarrel truce.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The combo of Dr.Pepper and carmax .... and he still desired the rest of their lives together :) Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the extras you put in this piece - the taste of her kiss.
    If only everyone would realize the pleasure that can come from communication... the world (or at least relationships) would be a better place!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like the combination of dr. pepper and carmex:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The beauty of details is what can make writing so delicious...you know, like Dr. Pepper and Carmex. ;)

    ReplyDelete